Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Elevator Sexism

Today I experience women being sexist in an elevator

It went a little something like this:

[Adrian and Lady1 get on elevator. Lady 2 and Sassy Black Lady already on. Elevator is going down]

ADRIAN: So what are your plans for this evening?

LADY1: I have to do laundry

ADRIAN:Do you have laundry in your building or do you go to the laundromat

LADY1: I go to a laundromat

ADRIAN: Do you have them do it for you or do you do your own laundry?

LADY1: Oh no! I don't like anyone touching my laundry. I do it myself.

ADRIAN: What's wrong with paying someone to do your laundry?

LADY2: Are you guys talking about having someone do your laundry?

ADRIAN:Yeah, I don't have a problem paying someone to do my laundry.

SASSY BLACK LADY: typical man [twirls her neck]

ADRIAN: You know us men we create jobs. We are good for this economy [shoots a smile]

SASSY BLACK LADY: [SHAKES HEAD AND GIVES ME AN UNAPROVING LOOK]

ADRIAN: What's wrong with having someone do your laundry?

LADY2: I would never. I don't want anyone touching my underwear!

ADRIAN: I don't mind, after all I'm paying them.

SASSY BLACK LADY: OH NO CHILD, THAT IS JUST NOT RIGHT!

ADRIAN: Wait you don't want someone touching your underwear but when you think about it we pay the garbage man to take our garbage away. You can't tell me that your garbage is cleaner than your underwear.

SASSY BLACK LADY: [GIVES ME LOOK OF DISBELIEF] That is typical MEN logic. I cannot even argue with that logic

ADRIAN: What? What did I say?

[Elevator doors open, all three women walk out shaking their heads]

And that my friends is a true story.