Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Hairy Situation

bear
"I've never met a "Bear" I didn't like," words I found myself saying to my roommate the other day. I'm not sure how we ended up talking about Bears but it wasn't in regards to the new Yogi Bear Movie. I was referring to the hairy and sweet subculture in the gay community we affectionately call The Bears.

When I was younger I wasn't particularly attracted to men of a hairy disposition. That is until I dated a very very hairy guy. He was super sexy. Suddenly body hair simply didn't matter anymore. Have you heard the song "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy?" I say save a Twink, feed a Bear!!!

Of course we all have our preferences. There was an article I read a long time ago regarding women liking a freshly shaved man as opposed to one with a full beard. Whatever tickles your pickle.

How about you? Do you like body hair? Do you like ladies with hairy legs like Monique?

In case you were wondering where in the Bear spectrum you fall, below is a helpful and fun chart
bear
[via thebolditalic.com]