Friday, August 20, 2010

Smell my Eu De Toilette!

l-eau-de-l-eau-200

I've always found it strange that as a species some of us spray ourselves with a scent that is foreign to our own. What other species on earth does that? I've never seen a penguin squirt himself with Obsession by Calvin Klein. That's probably because that's the totally wrong scent for them. I think the fragrance for penguins would be Cool Water. Just sayin'.

I've always said, "I'm not really picky when it comes to the fragrance I wear." This is why I tell pretty much everyone I know that if they want me to smell a certain way then they are free to buy me the fragrance of their choice. After all, one gets used to it and stops smelling it on oneself. So smelling good is really a gift you give others.

Recently my perception of fragrances has been turned upside down. I've become addicted to the scent of L'eau de L'eau by Diptyque. I simply can't get enough of it.

A while back I got a sample from Sephora and although I tried to resist for weeks and weeks I finally caved in a bought a 200ml bottle of this delicious fragrance.

It's fresh with a citrus twist and a little spice! The best part is that it is unisex. THAT is so me ;-) I never thought I would use that phrase.

Next time you are in the department store ask to smell L'eau de L'eau. Your nose will thank you.

What's your favorite fragrance currently?