Friday, September 10, 2010

Who Wants A Facial?

Photo 19

Two things you may not know about me:

1) I love getting facials. GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER, I'm talking about the kind that clean your face.

and

2) I did go to beauty school many many years ago and got an Esthetician License. An Esthetician is a person that does facials, makeup, waxing, and body treatments for a living. I left that career field years ago but my mother still works as an Esthetician in Uruguay.

I know what you're thinking, "you and your mom give facials?" Weird thing to have in common right? Not as weird as the fact that my dad's a butcher. I know, I know. His job is to handle meat, which happens to be my hobby. But I digress.

In a previous post I mention how I love to apply mud masks. Beauty secret #45.

Today I bring you top secret beauty tip #69. GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!

About once a month I do a Glycolic Peel 50%.

What is Glycolic Acid you ask? It's basically something that burns your skin off. But don't let me get technical.

All joking aside it is pretty strong so you have to be careful when using it.

Benefits: Clears up acne, and gets rid of top layer of skin leaving a smoother surface. With repeat use it can also get rid of sun spots.

Just like with any peel it's best to avoid the sun and wear plenty of sunscreen after using it.

Always test a small portion of your skin on the inside of your wrist and wait 24 hours before applying to face. This is to test for allergies.

Here is what you will need:







I leave the acid on my face for about 15min WHICH IS A LONG TIME. Your skin might only be able to handle it for 1-3 mins.
Rinse with cold water.
Pat dry.
Apply your moisturizer of choice.

I wouldn't recommend using it more than twice a month. Tops 3 times a month with at least six days between each treatment

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!