Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Man's Book

JayZ-Decoded

A couple of days ago I started reading Jay-z's new book Decoded.

I picked it up because after seeing him on Charlie Rose I realized how much in common I have with this rapper. You're probably thinking "psss, you dress up like a girl and he was a hustling drug dealer, what could you possibly have in common with Jay-Z?" lol

Well for one, I live 1 mile away from where Jay-Z grew up in the Marcy Houses and the rough streets of Brooklyn. Granted I know 2010 Brooklyn is way different from the 1970's Brooklyn.

Jay-Z's story speaks to the inner hustler in all of us.

I'm enjoying the book a great deal. It makes a great stocking stuffer this Holiday Season.
After all, nothing says Merry Xmas like the story of a hustler turned mega superstar rapper.