Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Underground Hooker

Amnesia Sparkles rides the subway.
Photo by: Jay Yao www.artsynthesis.com
Photo montage by: Fausto Fernós

All this talk about Mimi Imfurst's new music video and Rupaul's music video, which both deal with the New York City Subway system reminded me of Amnesia's first New York City Subway adventure.

When I moved to New York City in October 2002 I went through a rough economic period. Lucky for me Amnesia was always very resourceful and able to pull me out from my depression - with her hooker-ish talents.

Amnesia partnered with the very talented photographer Jay Yao (Jose Campos) in mid 2003 and decided to do a photo shoot late on a Wednesday night.

103highres

As you can see she was a lot less refined than she is today... not by much though. lol

She was going for freshly planted NYC hooker - or I should say NYC subway hooker.

Untitled-1Untitled-2

Untitled-3

The best part of the shoot was posing with unsuspecting subway riders. The real heart of the city!!!

subway
Girlfriend is working it!!

subway3
Look at this hard working MTA worker, isn't he super cute? LOVE!

subway4
This young man was sitting across from Amnesia when she decided to jump on top of him without warning!

subway7

subway5
Getting a makeup retouch

subway6

subway8
Taking a little nap.