Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Animal House

This past weekend I was HOME ALONE! One of my roommates went home for Passover and another was out of town on business.

I was going to film some Amnesia videos but in light of an empty house I decided to spend it as a bachelor, in my underwear, watching movies. WOOT WOOT.

Earlier in the week I saw the trailer for the new upcoming "Rise of the Planet of the Apes."



I wasn't a fan of original 1968 "Planet of the Apes" with Charlton Heston.

apes

So with apes on my mind Saturday I decided to give Tim Burton's version of "Planet of the Apes" a try. I gave it 3 stars. The productions was great. The acting was ok, but there was one thing that bothered me. In one scene one of the apes is stirring a glass with ice. ICE! I'm not sure where they got the ICE since it didn't seem they had electricity. No electricity means no refrigeration. Oh well, details.


Sunday I went from apes to dogs.

BoltPoster

BOLT WAS A BLAST. 5 stars. It was an action packed, funny, full of heart movie for the whole family. The animation was pretty spectacular too!

The fact that it's John Travolta's voice as the dog threw me off a little at first. Miley Cyrus also lends her voice, which I must say, was pretty darn good.

If you've not seen Bolt yet, do so today! It's a load of fun.