Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Applying Yourself



If you follow this humble site you know that I'm in the middle of writing my first book. It's been a long process, being that I have little time each week to dedicate to it - BUT it's one of my passions. So when a friend of mine told me that there is this place in New Hampshire where artist can attend in order to work on their own artistic projects I had to find out more.

The place is called The MacDowell Colony and it is beautiful.

With the help of a couple friends I put my application and letter of reference together and sent it in.

Last week I received confirmation.

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for your application to The MacDowell Colony for the Fall 2011 residency period (October 1, 2011 – January 31, 2012). We have received all required application materials and your application is being processed. Result letters will be mailed on or before June 25, 2011.


Thousands apply each year and only a few get it...I hope to be one of those few. It would be a dream come true.

Wouldn't it be fun to have Amnesia all dressed up in the woods? Instead of "Man vs Wild" it will be "Diva vs Wild."

You better believe that if I get accepted we'll shoot video and take photos so you can feel like you went there with us.

Cross your fingers we get in.