Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Does Beauty Make You Sick?



It's time to examine another comment left on one of our videos (video above, comment below)

beauty

The comment by astroman123 is interesting because it's like a back handed complement. On one hand he's saying that he acknowledges my attempt to achieve a certain standard of beauty, and on the other hand he strongly disapproves of said attempt.

We've discuss beauty on this site before, but it never ceases to amaze me how some people (above youtuber) have such hang ups with different types of Beauty.

We've said it before and we'll say it again, "Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder."

I believe we should always try to celebrate a person's attempt to reach some form of beauty in this life. Part of the beauty of life comes from attempting to achieve/find beauty (inside and out). When you "try" to find beauty in your life, one way or another, chances are you'll find it.

As expressed in The Pollen Path
The Navajo Beauty Way Ceremony

In beauty may I walk
All day long may I walk
Through the returning seasons may I walk
Beautifully I will possess again
Beautifully birds
Beautifully joyful birds
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk
With grasshoppers about my feet may I walk
With dew about my feet may I walk
With beauty may I walk
With beauty before me may I walk
With beauty behind me may I walk
With beauty above me may I walk
With beauty all around me may I walk
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty, lively, may I walk
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty, living again, may I walk
It is finished in beauty
It is finished in beauty