Friday, July 8, 2011

Has Your Alter-Ego Taken Over?

Amnesia & Adrian #8

Today Rebecca writes in with a very interesting question:

So, I have been thinking about this a lot lately...Do you sometimes feel like Amnesia "controls" you, or do you feel lilke you "control" Amnesia's life...
Rebecca seems to be quite popular as of late and has many meetings and appearances to make, and sometimes I really don't feel lilke 'transitioning" into the ever popular Rebecca...but then there are times when 'she" drives me into "transitioning" and she is never satisfied, and wants more and more, until the man in me has to "take the heels off" and put my foot down and say , "ENOUGH!"

Just curious...

Love you lots,
'becca

---------

Great question Becca.

I think I know the feeling you're talking about. I often feel like that when I have an obligation that I need to meet. I like to feel like I'm doing something because I "want to" not because I "have to." Sometimes it's hard to get me to submit to other's demands but once I let go I find myself having an awesome time.

When it comes to controlling Amnesia that's hard to tell. I don't spend much time wondering about it. I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason. I don't question why Amnesia came into my life but I'm grateful that she has. Amnesia is my constant reminder that life can be fun, silly, a little crazy, and most importantly life is about giving.

Amnesia has given me a lot since she came into my life in 1997, from interviewing awesome people like Dolly Parton and going on American Idol, to bringing wonderful people like yourself into my life.

Amnesia has certainly brought some excitement into my life and I thank her for that.

Thanks for writing in.

Keep on sparkling Becca

-A