Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Androgyny, Needs Advice

61a5b622ca9c5403_justin_bieber_love_magazine_androgyny_issue

Today's viewer mail:

Needs some advice...


Hey Amnesia,

I'm feeling pretty stressed out as I write this to you. I've struggled with my gender identity for a really long time, and for some reason I've always felt really feminine inside.

I can remember asking my Mom when I was really young if "boys could change into girls," and I felt crushed when she said no. I've also daydreamed a lot about what it would be like to be female and what would happen if I ever transitioned. For some reason, I've always wanted to know what it's like to be a girl and even desire to be one.

Jareth

Yet, I don't hate being a guy. There are definitely aspects of being male that I really like and in general I really don't have a problem with my body. It's more about actual "gender" and how men are supposed to act, dress, and feel that gets me down a lot.

I don't feel that I have the gender dysphoria of a transsexual, yet I'm pretty sure I'm more than just a crossdresser. When I took an online gender test and it said that I was essentially androgynous, I could definitely agree with that.

520455_f260

I'm OK with being a boy, yet I want to be a girl. GAH!!! Does this make any sense? It's frustrating me so much!

So...what should I do? I'm going to college next year and I plan on joining an LGBT club as well as trying to find some kind of gender counselor to talk with. That's probably all I can do right now. Is there any other helpful advice you could give me? Are things going to be OK?

androgyny4


Thanks.
-Androgynous

----


Dear Androgynous,

Things are going to be ok.
Things always work out as they should.

There are a lot of guys dealing with what you are dealing with right now

Joining an LGBT group is a great idea. It's important you get a support system around you.

You can find stories from folk that are going through similar things you're going through in the following link
http://genderfun.blogspot.com/search/label/emails

You can also find some answers to your questions in the following link
http://genderfun.blogspot.com/2011/03/topic-directory.html


tumblr_lirqi2wmnp1qcn5dao1_400

The most important thing you have to remind yourself everyday when you wake up is that you don't have to have all the answers right away.

For many of us gender identity is a journey. It can be fun and not stressful if you stop putting so much pressure on yourself.

And rememebr YOU ARE NOT ALONE BROTHA/SISTA.

Take a deep breath and enjoy this gender journey. You are one step closer to being the person you should become, whomever he or she may be. It will come to you.

Also, stand your ground!

Sending you many many blessings.
K.I.T.
- A