Wednesday, October 5, 2011

BJs, Hunger, Obesity, and HIV

This morning before heading off to work I posted on Facebook the following wall update with a link to the article regarding the new Sesame Street Hungry Muppet Lily

sesame

As you can see, early in the morning is when I like to solve heavy duty national problems such as the obesity epidemic and the hunger crisis.

You're welcome.

Later in the day as I was sharing my wisdom at work I mentioned to a coworker that the equivalent of Sesame Street in South Africa has a muppet who is HIV positive. This was news to him.


To which he sent me a link to a New York Times article which mentions that

"The most popular contraceptive for women in eastern and southern Africa, a hormone shot given every three months, appears to double the risk the women will become infected with H.I.V., according to a large study published Monday."

This was news to me.

Being that I was already in a problem solving mode I replied to him with the following:

"Women can significantly lower their risk of contracting HIV if they gave great hand and blow jobs. That's a fact. I might have to start throwing some seminars to teach these women hands on techniques that will save their lives.

Gees, do I have to solve ALL the problems of the world?


I guess, with great power cums great responsibility."