Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fitness Update

IMG_0176 
(April 2012)

Wow, apparently I've not done a personal fitness update since August of 2011.

Where to start?

One of my coworkers recommended I get Amy's meals. More or less that's what I've been having for lunch for the past month and a half. They are vegetarian organic meals with no GMO's or preservatives. Many of them are Gluten Free as well. They usually range from 300-400 calories each. You would think that is not enough food for a grown man BUT  that's just about right for me (I do eat other meals each day).

I also, started doing some light weight training with my new Bowflex dumbbells. Due to my back injury I have to be very careful.

  IMG_0100 

I've been using the Bowflex dumbbells for over a week and I think they are great. They are very space efficient and simple to change weights between exercises. Totally worth the investment.

That's about it.  I've also started a new detox which I won't get into in this post since it's still early.  I'm only on day 24 of 365.  More on that later.

For now, here is a toast to everyone who is working on improving their health.  May we stay focused.