Saturday, August 4, 2012

Fitness and Health Update

I've not done a fitness update since May. So here goes.

First lets take a look at the body before I started making changes to my lifestyle.

Photo0313
(February 8th, 2011.  165lbs)

I was not terribly out of shape.  I was a bit flabby, and although you may not be able to tell from the photo, I was the heaviest I've ever been.  The fat was pretty evenly distributed but my pants had gotten a bit tight around my waist.

The most important thing to stress is that I was not physically feeling well.  Between smoking cigarettes and drinking a bottle of wine by myself a couple of times a week it not only slowed me down it aggravated the 2 herniated discs in my upper back.  Some mornings I simply didn't want to get out of bed because I was experiencing so much back pain.

Flash forward to now.

  Untitled
(August 2nd, 2012. 140lbs and much tighter)
I feel like a new man.

Here's what I've been doing for the past 118 days.

Exercise
1 - 1 1/2 hours a day
4-5 days a week.
Out of the 4-5 days I jog about 2 times a week.
I jog between 10-18 miles per week total.

I jog outdoors during the magic hour (twilight) so I've been lucky to have gotten some great photos while jogging.

Tools
Apps Nike+ [link]
iFitness [link]
Iron Gym (pull up bar) [link]
Bowflex dumbbells [link]
Running Shoes [link]
Runing Shorts [link]
Running Shirt [link]

Nutrition 
Amy's Meals (Lunch) [link]
Protein Shake (post workout) switching to  [link]
Fruits and vegetables (lots)
No Alcohol
No Coffee
No Soda
No Cigarettes
No Sugar added to any drinks.

Other than that I pretty much eat anything I want in moderation.

I was telling my best friend the other day that I have no intention in building huge muscles like many guys want.  I like feeling compact, slim and tight - like a soccer player or if I were a dog, a greyhound.

;-)


  1062-004-F19C4031

Looking like a big muscle man like Hanz and Franz is just not for me.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

;-)





The most important thing is that my body is feeling a million times better than last year.

That's about it.  Hope this info helps you in your fitness journey.