Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Just Dance

Recently I met a man who taught me a valuable lesson.

One of this man's biggest fear in life is: to be embarrassed, to feel embarrassment.

We've all been there:

Afraid of speaking in front of a class, fear of saying or doing the wrong thing, fear of others not liking us. In the past we've allowed these fears to hold us back, hold us from giving Life our all.

However, along the way we also learned that life is short and that every single day could be the last chance we ever get to live a life full of joy.

We've learned that searching for joy will bring us joy.

There is a great deal of joy in not allowing other people's judgement of us affect how we feel about ourselves.

As we sat facing each other, I gave this man a personal example from two days prior when I went dancing with a couple of friends. There I was on the dance floor making a fool of myself not having consumed ANY alcohol or drugs that night. I twirled with my arms in the air and I simply didn't care what other's thought.

I felt alive!

dance

In life you can choose to stand on the sidelines afraid of what other's are going to think of you or, you can get on the dance floor and throw your hands in the air.

So, with all that out of the way.

Let's DANCE!