Tuesday, December 18, 2012

10 Must Watch Documentaries

On December 4th I asked my Facebook friends to recommend a couple of their favorite documentaries. They delivered.

The Celluloid Closet
Unzipped
Food Matters
Cropsy
The Lottery
Let It Be
The Men Who Built America
The War Room
The Black Power Mix Tape
Grizzly Man
The Fog of War
Grey Gardens
Hoop Dreams
Bowling for Columbine
The September Issue
Brooklyn Bridge
Jazz
Mark Twain
Catfish
First Position
Jiro Dreams of Sushi


Some I've seen some, some seem ok, and some I am definitely adding to my must watch list.

As for my personal current top 10 must see documentaries here they are in no particular order.

Urbanized


Bill Cunningham New York

Life in a Day


Joan Rivers : A Piece of Work

Stonewall Uprising

Transcendent Man


Zeitgeist the movie


Earthlings


Food Inc.


And of course I recommend "Amnesia" the Documentary which has gotten over half a million views thus far.


The final cut (below) has extra footage that explains Amnesia's origins