Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Here's the Truth Part II




I’m not sure if I told you this but there is an outstanding psychologist who is working with a group of trans individuals on a weekly bases. She, from time to time, will take one of my blog entries and uses it to spark a dialogue in her group.  This week the group was given a copy of my blog entry from last week where I asserted that we are currently living in a era of Judgement.  

Read original post click link:

Prior to the group assembling this week this wonderful psychologist asked me if I would provide her with Guidelines on how to express ones truth and guidelines on how to maneuver around social resistance once ones truth has been expressed.  

Here is what I provided:

Guidelines on how to express ones truth:  

a) Say what you mean, and mean what you say

b) Express yourself because it’s an inner calling NOT because you are seeking validation

c) You may want to consider TIME, PLACE AND MANNER

Guidelines on how to maneuver around social resistance once ones truth has been expressed:

a) Come to terms with the fact that some folks don’t listen and even when they do “listen” they might disagree with your Truth because it doesn’t resonate within them.  They might even try to exercise power over you by telling you what you should and should not do in your life as if their word was LAW.

b) Inquire WHY they feel uncomfortable wth your Truth

c) Find a third party that can explain your Truth to others




She provided the group with a copy of my original post and then focused the conversation on the guidelines I provided.  I’m told this sparked great conversation and the group meeting was deemed a success!  


I am thrilled and honored to be able to contribute to the conversation and the bonding that is happening in this group.  I believe healing comes when we all pitch in and do our part.   Together we can do it.  Thank you!